One of the many wedding-related quandaries you may find yourself in is trying to figure out just how much wedding cake you have to order to not only feed your hungry guests but fit your budget as well. Some tips and things to consider before placing your order:
1. Will cake be the only sweet item on the menu or are you also having a dessert bar?
2. How many courses will be served at your wedding reception? The more courses, the more full your guests may already be when it's cake cutting time.
3. Will there be a groom's cake?
4. Be sure to ask your baker what they consider a serving size to be. They may even have a visual representation to aid you. You want to make sure you are on the same page with serving sizes.
5. Consider who will be slicing your wedding cake. Tell them ahead of time what the serving size should look like so they don't cut either huge slices or too-small ones.
6. If you really do not want to wind up with a lot of leftover wedding cake, provide small take-home boxes for your guests.
Hopefully, these tips and ideas will help you in making a final decision on your beautiful wedding day cake. Drop in at one of our bridal shows to see trends, inspiration, and ideas for your big day, visit with our vendors, and sample some luscious cake! Happy hunting!